As I sit here in the library attempting to write all the papers I’ve been putting off all semester long, I find myself continuing to procrastinate by writing this blog post. Finals Week absolutely sucks, there’s no denying it. It’s the time of the semester when the only thing you find yourself actually somewhat motivated to do is lay in bed and do nothing at all. All of this being said, now that I’m actually in the library, here are the Top 5 Worst Things about Final Week.
5. Lack of a Social Life. This one is pretty subjective, but for most people, interacting with friends is a dangerous thing to do during finals week. Even if you choose to study in a group of your friends, it’s a proven fact that no good can come from even attempting to learn in a social environment. Familiar faces and exciting gossip are the #1 distraction during finals and will be the cause of all your problems. STAY AWAY FROM FRIENDS.
4. Inability to Look Like a Normal Human Being. You’re spending all of your time either eating,
sleeping, or studying, so chances are, you have very little time to keep your physical appearance in tip-top condition. This is one of the only times that seeing someone on campus in sweatpants is the norm, and no make-up and wet hair become second nature. Bags under the eyes? It’s totally the hot new look. My only suggestion is to embrace your finals week beauty and just let it happen, my friends. Your life will go on if you don’t look perfect. I promise.
3. Lack of Seats with Plugs in the Library. If you’re anything like me, you know that the first hour of “studying” in the library is actually spent searching all 6 floors of the library for not only somewhere to sit, but somewhere to sit with an easily accessible electrical outlet. If you are somehow able to get a cubby with an outlet in it, you reign supreme during finals week. Otherwise, you have the choice of stalking out your prey until they decide to leave or planting your derriere on the ground and sucking it up.
2. Inability to Focus. I’m sitting here writing a blog when I have 3 finals to study for and 3 papers to write. Need I say more? If somehow all students were granted a prescription of Adderall, I think a majority of finals week problems would be solved. It’s the worst when you get to the point where you just stare at your open book for a ridiculous amount of time but just don’t have the mental capacity to even attempt to try and decipher it. After a certain period of time, the English language becomes hieroglyphics, and you have no option but to keep on truckin’.
1. Lack of Sleep. For me, at least, this is the #1 worst part of finals week. If you’re anything like me, you probably get an average of 4 hours of sleep a night during finals. This, my friends, is just a fact of life, and a shitty one, at that. Just remember kids, you can sleep when
you’re done with finals you’re dead.
It is unfortunately now time for me to return to my studies. Over and out, kids, and the best of luck to you during this wretched week from Hell.